September 11th Commemoration Ceremony at County Complex Today
A ceremony will be held at the county’s Liberty Memorial.
In commemoration of 9/11, Prince William County will be holding a ceremony at the county’s Liberty Memorial today at 1:30 p.m.
Board of County Supervisors Chairman Corey Stewart will make brief remarks at the ceremony including the reading of the names of county residents who died on 9/11.
Flowers will also be placed on the memorial to honor those who died, an annual tradition.
The memorial is located at 1 County Complex Ct. in Woodbridge.
Names of the fallen Prince William County residents are also inscribed on the Liberty Memorial:
- Sergeant First Class John J. Chada, U.S. Army, Retired
- Specialist Jamie L. Fallon, U.S. Navy
- Amelia V. Fields
- Lt. Col. Robert J. Hymel, U.S. Air Force, Retired
- Sergeant Major Lacey B. Ivory, U.S. Army
- Judith L. Jones
- David W. Laychak
- James T. Lynch, Jr.
- Gene E. Maloy
- Robert J. Maxwell
- Molly L. McKenzie
- Craig J. Miller
- Diana B. Padro
- Rhonda S. Rasmussen
- Edward V. Rowenhort
- Judy Rowlett
- Donald D. Simmons
- Jeff L. Simpson
- Cheryle D. Sincock
- Chief Information Systems Technician Gregg H. Smallwood, U.S. Navy
- Sergeant Major Larry L. Strickland, U.S. Army
- Sandra L. White